Catan poster

Catan poster

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Sales and Awards

An extremely cool thing happened last week when they announced the sale of my screenplay Terminal Point to Universal!

http://www.deadline.com/2014/07/universal-and-will-packer-close-in-on-terminal-point-spec/

I don't know if I'm allowed to say much about it, but here is a piece of concept art drawn up by a great artist named Cristian Zamora that tells you everything and nothing you need to know.

Copyright 2014 Hamster Valhalla

















Also, The Lord Of Catan was awarded Best Short Film at the Florida Supercon's 2014 Super Geek Film Festival.  CATAN SMASH!!!



And last night, Production Designer Lindsey Moran and Art Director Steve Morden joined me at LA Shorts Fest for a screening of The Lord Of Catan.  In retrospect, I cannot state enough how rock solid and dependable these two were.  Film sets are places of chaos, but they invariably found a way to get whatever I needed done and to get it done well and quickly.  Just don't ask them about the wallpaper.
















It took me 15 years of writing feature screenplays to sell one, which when you put it that way, kind of makes me sound retarded.  Rossio and Elliot said to give yourself ten years, but technically speaking, anything you write in high school or college probably shouldn't count, so the adjusted count is more like 8 years.  The point is never stop writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment